Thursday, October 08, 2009

Chicago Olympics



I guess the love felt around the world for Obama just wasn't enough to overcome the hatred the world has for Bush and America. The real kick in the (inset your choice of sensitive body part or parts) is that Chicago was the first to be tossed out of the running.

I thought this would happen. I never really thought Chicago had a chance. If Chicago actually got the Olympics, it would only be because the world loves having their feet (insert your choice of body part) kissed. Whatever it takes to make America look stupid is what the world will do.

But who does the world come to when they need help? Yep...stupid America. Personally, I'm sick of helping out the world only to be kicked in the teeth. I didn't believe Chicago would get the Olympics, so I'm not disappointed. I am tired of being the apologist to the world and asking everyone to love us. I'd rather have world respect than have the world at our feet.

I have only one question: if America is such a lousy country, as the apologists would have us believe, why do so many people want to leave their homelands to make their fortunes in the good old US of A?

No comments: