Saturday, September 05, 2009

Pearls of Wisdom

A Better World

By Herman Cain

When my first grandchild, Celena Patrice, was born in January, 1999, I looked at her little fifteen minute old face and the first thought that came to my mind was not "How do we give her a better start in life?" My first thought was "How do I make this a better world?"

During those moments as I looked at Celena's little face, I couldn't help but think about all the other little faces in the world, and what type of world they would inherit. At that moment, my past dreams and accomplishments seemed insignificant in comparison to the many challenges we face as a nation and as a world of nations.

Everyone is blessed with different abilities. But when we choose to be CEO of SELF, we allow ourselves to dream. We empower ourselves to be happy. And we use our God given abilities to make a difference in the lives of others and in the world. As CEO of SELF, a better world is our responsibility. One little face at a time.

No comments: